The purpose of this grant is to assist people with Cerebral Palsy to obtain items of services that mitigate the effects of living with Cerebral Palsy. Grants should assist a person’s independence and / or quality of life, or in the case of a child, also that of the parents / family.
Grants for Individuals
Guidelines for Individuals:
- Applications can be made at anytime.
- Grants are available to members resident in NZ having NZ citizenship or permanent residency.
- The recipient/beneficiary of the grant must be a current financial member of the Cerebral Palsy Society and have a membership number. CLICK HERE to find out about becoming a member.
- Priority will be given to members with tenure.
- For items normally funded by the Government, applicants are expected to try there first. If the Government declines the application a member may then apply to the Society.
- No retrospective funding will normally be considered.
- Please provide two letters of support- one from a family member or close friend who knows your circumstances.
- Grants will NOT be considered for cars, holidays, surgery-related costs and DMO suits.
- Applications received on or before the last Friday of the month will be considered in the first 10 days of the next month.
- Notification as to the outcome of the application will be by the middle of the month.
- The Grants Committees decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All grants are considered by the Grants Committee and grants over $1500 will be subjected to scrutiny. The Grants Committee does not meet during the month of January.
- If applying for something, the value of which is less than $200, please read the information on the getThis&That programme, as this programme may be the best route to get what you want. CLICK HERE
How to apply
You have to use your Membership login to apply.