New Vouchers & Programmes Information
From the beginning of July until the end of October 2020, the CP Society is offering only one programme per member. Vouchers to the value of $150 will be supplied for the selected programme. Near the end of this period, there will be a review of the programmes going forward. To find out more information on this CLICK HERE
The getPhysical programme is designed to help you to maintain or improve your physical ability and fitness. This programme is based on a voucher system that you can use to subsidise physical activities such as going to a gym, physio sessions, yoga classes, osteopathy and rehab clinics. If your application is successful, you will be issued up to $500 of vouchers that can be used over a 12-month period.
- The getPhysical programme is designed to help you to maintain, or improve your physical ability and fitness.
- The programme is based on a voucher system that can be used to subsidise physical activities such as going to a gym, physio sessions, yoga classes, osteopathy and rehab clinics.
- If your application is successful, you will be issued up $500 of vouchers that can be used over a 12-month period.
- You, the applicant must be an active participant in the physical activity and vouchers cannot be used to purchase equipment or for medical purposes (i.e. massage, acupuncture, doctors’ visits).
- The vouchers can be used with more than one supplier. CLICK HERE for a list of approved suppliers.
- If you have another supplier you would prefer to use, you are able to approach them directly. Please take the getPhysical suppliers letter CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD to them as this outlines what is involved.
- If the supplier is happy to accept our vouchers, they need to contact the CP Society on 0800 503 603 for confirmation that we are able to accept their invoices. Once this is done you can pay for their services using your getPhysical vouchers.
- The vouchers have an expiry date after which you can reapply for more vouchers.
To be eligible for the getPhysical programme you must:
- Have cerebral palsy. The Society may request proof that you have a clinical diagnosis of cerebral palsy.
- Be a current member of the Cerebral Palsy Society. Note: People meeting the above criteria will not automatically be accepted into the programme. As such, determination will be based upon available funding, previous use of the programme and history with the Society.
How to apply
CLICK HERE to download the getPhysical Application Form below.
Fill it in and post it to:
Cerebral Palsy Society of New Zealand
PO Box 24759 Royal Oak
Can the getPhysical vouchers be used for massages?
No. Some people require a massage to become ready to do exercises. Provided this is a minor part of the activity, a small massage may be included; however physical activity must occur thereafter.
If the supplier I wish to use is not GST registered, what do I do?
The supplier must be GST registered, if not then you cannot use the getPhysical vouchers with that supplier.
After having been on the programme, when can I re-apply to be on it again?
Once the expiry date on your current set of getPhysical vouchers has passed, you may re-apply thereafter.
Can I use the vouchers to join a sports club?
No. getPhyscial vouchers can only be used for services in which the member is an active participant in the physical activity
If the supplier I wish to use will not take the vouchers, what do I do?
You can either take them the new suppliers letter and they can get in touch with the Society on 0800 503 603 to confirm that we are able to accept their invoice. Alternatively, you can ask them if they are prepared to give you an invoice (addressed to the CP Society). If so, you can send the invoice to the Society. Include in the envelope with the invoice enough vouchers to cover the invoice. Ensure that the supplier bank account number is on the invoice. We will direct credit the supplier, then you can use their services. If they are not prepared to do this then you need to find another supplier.
Can I use the getPhysical vouchers to buy equipment to do the exercise, like treadmill, sports shoes, etc?
No. getPhyscial vouchers can only be used for services in which the member is an active participant in the physical activity and cannot be used to purchase of equipment.
Can I use the getPhysical vouchers for transport to the activity I wish to do?
No. These vouchers, like all the vouchers the Society issues, can only be used for the programme for which they were issued.
If the supplier is willing, can they come to my house to do the exercises/activity/therapy?
Terms & Conditions
The user agrees to:
- Not let others use your getPhysical vouchers.
- Only use getPhysical vouchers for this programme.
- Not let others use the services that you have paid for with the getPhysical vouchers.
- Not use the vouchers after their expiry date.
- Not redeem the vouchers with suppliers for cash.
- Accept that, where a supplier has been paid for future service(s), that you authorise the CP Society to check with the supplier regarding utilisation by you of that service.
- Accept that, where vouchers are tendered for an amount less than the vouchers, NO change will be given by the supplier.
- Accept that, the security of the vouchers is your responsibility.
- Accept that, the amount of vouchers assigned to you may vary from the figure above at the Society’s discretion.
SO, in the inimitable words of Olivia Newton-John ‘lets getPhysical, physical, I wanna get physicaaaaal, let’s get into physical, let me hear your body talk!’
Gilli Sinclair – CEO