Academic grants are to enable members to participate in adult educational opportunities.
Guidelines for Applicants:
- Applications can be made at any time.
- The maximum grant value is $2,500.
- The recipient/beneficiary of the grant must be a current financial member of the Cerebral Palsy Society and have a membership number. CLICK HERE to find out about becoming a member.
- The applicant must be studying toward a Bachelors degree or higher and must have passed a successful year at this level.
- The grant can be used for course fees, student association fees, travel to and from university and text books / course materials.
- It cannot be used to pay off a student loan.
- The Grants Committee will consider the amount of any grant sought and previous grants provided to the applicant as well as the need for and benefit of the grant in determining the application.
- Applications received on or before the last Friday of the month will be considered in the first 10 days of the next month. (Applications received in December and January each year will be considered at the February meeting.)
- Notification as to the outcome of the application will be made within 7 days after each Grants Committee meeting.
- The Grants Committees decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Grants are available to members resident in NZ having NZ citizenship or permanent residency.
- All grant applications are considered by the Grants Committee.
- Amount approved by the Grants Committee will be at their discretion and may not be the full amount applied for.
* If you’re having trouble filling in the form, or uploading your supporting documents, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
How to apply
You will need to login to apply for Academic Grants