Academic grants are to enable members to participate in adult educational opportunities.
Guidelines for Applicants:
- Applications can be made at any time during the year.
- Applications received on or before the last Friday of the month will be considered in the first 10 days of the next month. (Applications received in December and January each year will be considered at the February meeting.)
- Grant value is up to a maximum of $3000.
- The recipient/beneficiary of the grant must be a current financial member of the Cerebral Palsy Society and have a membership number. Click here to find out about becoming a
- Grants are available for members undertaking study at Diploma level or above.
- The grant can be used for course fees, student association fees, travel to and from university and text books/course materials.
- It cannot be used to pay off a student loan.
- Grants are also open to the family of members who are undertaking relevant research related to Cerebral Palsy.
- The Grants Committee will consider the amount of any grant sought, and previous grants provided to the applicant, as well as the need and benefit of the grant in determining the application decision.
- Notification as to the outcome of the application will be made within 7 days after each Grants Committee meeting.
- The Grants Committees decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Grants are available to members who hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency and reside in New Zealand.
- All grant applications are considered by the Grants Committee.
- Amount approved by the Grants Committee will be at their discretion and may not be the full amount applied for.
* If you’re having trouble filling in the form, or uploading your supporting documents, please email us on email@example.com so we can help.
How to apply
You will need to login to apply for Academic Grants