There are times in all our lives where things can get us down, but we all deserve support to get up again. The Society conducted a survey of its members, and identified there was a need for people to access counsellors. Your getUpAgain vouchers can be used to subsidise the cost of counselling.
What Do You Get?
From the 1st of March 2021, you will be able to apply for $300 worth of vouchers, which will be valid through until the end of June 2021. To find out more information on this, please click here.
Choosing a Counsellor
Yo0u are free to choose your own counsellor, ensuring they are a member of a recognised professional counseling body in New Zealand. You must request for your chosen counsellor to accept our getUpAgain vouchers. Please refer your counsellor to this web page as it explains the process.
If you need a starting point for finding a counsellor, please click here to go to the website for the New Zealand Association of Counsellors. Under Specialist Area you can select Disabilities, fill in the other boxes, but do not fill in name (of counsellor), do a search and it will reveal all counselors that fit the criteria you specified.
Below are Support Agencies/Counsellors that some of our members have used. The counsellors have responded to a questionnaire about the services they are providing.
- Auckland – Please click here.
- Hamilton – Please click here.
- Wellington – Please click here.
- Nelson – Please click here.
- Christchurch – Please click here.
- Dunedin – Please click here.
Eligibility, Criteria and Terms
The criteria for joining the programme is as follows:
- You must have Cerebral Palsy or your child must have Cerebral Palsy. (The Society may request proof that you have had a clinical diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy)
- You or your child must be a current financial member of the Cerebral Palsy Society of NZ Inc. Please click here to become a member or click here to log into the dashboard to see if your membership is active.
By applying for the getUpAgain voucher programme, you are agreeing to:
- Not let others use your getUpAgain vouchers.
- Only use your getUpAgain vouchers for this programme.
- Not let others use the services that you have paid for with your getUpAgain vouchers.
- Not use the vouchers after their expiry date.
- Not redeem the vouchers with suppliers for cash.
- Accept that, where a supplier has been paid for future service(s), that you authorise the CP Society to check with the supplier regarding utilisation by you of that service.
- Accept that, where vouchers are tendered for an amount less than the vouchers, NO change will be given by the supplier.
- Accept that, the security of the vouchers is your responsibility.
- Accept that, the amount of vouchers assigned to you may vary from the figure above at the Society’s discretion.
How to Apply
You can apply for the getUpAgain voucher programme in a number of different ways.
Fill out the form
Please email your completed form to email@example.com.
Fill out the form
Please post your completed form to:
Cerebral Palsy Society of New Zealand
DX Box CP 31005
If you are not able to access the application form, please contact us on 0800 503 603. We will post an application form to you.
What Happens Next?
We will process your application and post your vouchers to you. Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for your vouchers to arrive.
The Process for Counsellors:
Members will be supplied with an amount of getUpAgain vouchers if their application is accepted. They will use these to pay the counsellor for their sessions.(treat them as if they were cash!) The counsellor collects these and then once per month generates an invoice to the CP Society for the mount of vouchers they have collected (these could have been collected from a number of our members they may be counseling) The invoice together with the vouchers are then sent to the CP Society (PO Box 24759, Royal Oak, Auckland 1345) The CP Society then pays the counsellor/counselling firm, normally within 7 working days.