There are times in all our lives where things can get us down, but we all deserve support to get up again. The Society conducted a survey of its members, and identified there was a need for people to access counsellors. Your getUpAgain vouchers can be used to subsidise the cost of counselling.
What Do You Get?
The Cerebral Palsy Society Executive Board has approved $300 per financial member from 1st July 2021 to 31st October 2021 for the GetOutThere, GetPhysical, GetThis&That and GetUpAgain Programmes. You will need to apply to receive this funding. Please click here to read more about our new eCard system.
Choosing a Counsellor
Yo0u are free to choose your own counsellor, ensuring they are a member of a recognised professional counseling body in New Zealand. You must request for your chosen counsellor to accept our getUpAgain vouchers. Please refer your counsellor to this web page as it explains the process.
If you need a starting point for finding a counsellor, please click here for information about suppliers for our programmes.
Alternatively, please click here to go to the website for the New Zealand Association of Counsellors. Under Specialist Area you can select Disabilities, fill in the other boxes, but do not fill in name (of counsellor), do a search and it will reveal all counselors that fit the criteria you specified.
Eligibility, Criteria and Terms
The criteria for applying for the getUpAgain programme is as follows:
- You must have Cerebral Palsy or your child must have Cerebral Palsy. (The Society may request proof that you have had a clinical diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy)
- You or your child must be a current financial member of the Cerebral Palsy Society of NZ Inc. Please click here to become a member or click here to log into the dashboard and click payment to see if your membership renewal payment is due.
- Your new CP Society membership card has been activated.
- You have not already received a $300.00 top-up for your membership card between July 1st and October 31st 2021.
By applying for the getUpAgain programme, you are agreeing to:
- Not let others use the services that you have paid for with your membership card.
- Accept that, where a supplier has been paid for future service(s), that you authorise the CP Society to check with the supplier regarding utilisation by you of that service.
- Accept that, the security of your membership card is your responsibility.
How to Apply
You can apply for the getThis&That programme in a number of different ways.
Please click here to log into the dashboard and then click apply for a programme.
Please email us at email@example.com and request a top-up for your membership card.
Please ring us on 0800 503 603 and request a top-up for your membership card.
What Happens Next?
We will arrange for your membership card to be topped up.
You will receive a text or email once your membership card is topped up and ready to use. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a text or email within 7 working days after your initial request.