There are times in all our lives where things can get us down, but we all deserve support to get up again. The Cerebral Palsy Society recognises there is a need for people to access counsellors and getUpAgain funding can be used to subsidise the cost of counselling.
What Do You Get?
The Cerebral Palsy Society Executive Board has approved $300 per financial member from March 1, 2022 to June 30, 2022 for the getOutThere, getPhysical, getThis&That and getUpAgain programmes. You will need to apply to receive this funding (please see below for more information). Please click here to read the latest update about our eCard funding.
Choosing a Counsellor
You are free to choose your own counsellor, ensuring they are a member of a recognised professional counselling body in New Zealand. You must ask your chosen counsellor to be part of our getUpAgain programme. They can contact our finance team by emailing email@example.com to request more information.
If you need a starting point for find a counsellor, please click here for information about suppliers for our programmes.
Alternatively, click here for the New Zealand Association of Counsellors website.
To do a search to find counsellors that fit your criteria:
- Do not fill in ‘Name’ (of counsellor)
- Under ‘Specialist Area’, select ‘Disabilities’
- Fill in the other boxes
- Click ‘search’.
Eligibility, Criteria and Terms
The criteria for applying for the getUpAgain programme is as follows:
- You, or your child, must have Cerebral Palsy. (The Society may request proof that you have had a clinical diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy)
- You, or your child, must be a current financial member of the Cerebral Palsy Society of NZ Inc. Please click here to become a member or click here to log into the dashboard and click payment to see if your membership renewal payment is due.
- Your CP Society membership card has been activated.
- You have not already received a $300 top-up for your membership card in the current funding round.
By applying for the getUpAgain programme, you are agreeing to:
- Not let others use the services that you have paid for with your membership card.
- Accept that, where a supplier has been paid for future service(s), that you authorise the Cerebral Palsy Society to check with the supplier regarding utilisation by you of that service.
- Accept that, the security of your membership card is your responsibility.
How to Apply
You can apply for the getUpAgain programme in a number of different ways.
Please click here to log into the dashboard and then click ‘apply for a programme’.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a top-up for your membership card.
Please ring us on 0800 503 603 and request a top-up for your membership card.
What Happens Next?
We will arrange for your membership card to be topped up.
You will receive a text or email once your membership card is topped up and ready to use. Please contact us at email@example.com if you do not receive a text or email within seven working days after your initial request.