NEWS & UPDATES
Planning for Adulthood – The Legal Framework around Disability and Disability Rights Seminars
07 Sep 2021
Our friends at Disability Connect are hosting Planning for Adulthood – The Legal Framework around Disability and Disability Rights Seminars.
This seminar will be of interest to you if:
- You worry about the long term welfare of your young person with a disability when you die – who will support them to make decisions about their personal care and welfare? And who will understand their needs and make decisions about their personal and physical welfare on their behalf if they are unable to do so?
- You need to understand the difference amongst welfare guardianship, power of attorney, property management and how a Trust may be useful for managing property.
- You need information about the relevance of a Will and Letter of Wishes and how these might be useful.
- You are concerned about managing and protecting assets or income of your young disabled person.
- You want to know how to manage assets through a family trust.
Wednesday 22nd September 6.30-9.30pm
Wednesday 13th October 6.30-9.30pm
Wednesday 10th November 6.30-9.30pm
Mt Richmond Special School, 30 Albion Road, Otahuhu