NEWS & UPDATES
The Attitude Trust Communications Scholarship
02 Sep 2019
What is the scholarship and why do we offer it
People with disabilities are significantly underrepresented in New Zealand’s media. This is the case, not only for those who appear in published media but also for those working behind the scenes.
The Attitude Trust seeks to challenge the status quo by increasing diversity in the media industry. This means creating equal opportunity for people with disabilities, allowing them to be role models for other young Kiwis who also experience disability.
To further this goal, The Attitude Trust is proud to offer a tuition fee scholarship to applicants with disabilities. The scholarship is worth up to $5,000 per year (paid directly to the education provider) and will continue for the duration of the recipient’s qualification (subject to completion requirements). In addition, we offer one week of work experience with Attitude Pictures Ltd for each year of study.
If you are a New Zealand resident, live with a disability, and are studying, or planning to study, towards a career in communications and the media (including digital media), you are eligible to apply.
What are we looking for?
We want to hear from applicants who stand out, both academically and within the wider community. Applicants should have experience advocating on behalf of, and making a difference for, people with disabilities.
Our scholarships are reciprocal – we ask successful recipients to provide the Trust with biannual updates on their academic progress, and to write two articles per year for publishing on AttitudeLive.com. We want to know about the recipient’s challenges and successes, and to inspire others within the disability community.
How do I apply?
- Download, complete, and sign the Attitude Trust 2019 Communications Scholarship Application Form (Word Doc format).
- You can either write an A4 page cover letter accompanying your application (font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing), or submit a link to a video of up to 1 minute in length. Your letter or video should detail your personal background, experience as a leader within the disability sector, future aspirations and visions for an inclusive media industry.
- Obtain a copy of your academic transcript for any recently completed study.
- Email the above to email@example.com by Thursday 7 November, 2019
- A Message from the CPS Board
- A Massive Thank You
- Update on the Cerebral Palsy Clinical Network
- Young People Aged 12 – 18 Para Sport Activation Fund 2020
- Thank You Note From CPS CEO