NEWS & UPDATES
Office Shut as a Precautionary Covid-19 Measure (30th May 2021)
30 May 2021
Kia Ora Kōutou to all members
We hope you are all safe and well.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation in Melbourne, as a precautionary measure the Cerebral Palsy Society office will be closed for all face-to-face contact until further notice. Unfortunately the CP team hosted visitors from various areas of Melbourne at the offices on Thursday 27th May 2021. These visitors have been instructed by the Ministry of Health to self-isolate and undergo testing. The CP team will be working remotely and are available for all non-contact services via phone 0800 503 603 and email firstname.lastname@example.org This precautionary measure will remain in place until all those affected have received negative test results.
Currently New Zealand is at Alert Level 1 and the Ministry of Health provides the following guidelines:
At Alert Level 1 everyone can return without restriction to work, school, sports and domestic travel, and you can get together with as many people as you want.
It’s still important to keep basic hygiene measures, including washing your hands and coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, wash your hands, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing.
- Businesses must help people keep track of their movements by displaying the NZ COVID Tracer app QR code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses must be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing, or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
If you have any queries or concerns regarding this, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Clare & your CP Society Team