NEWS & UPDATES
CP Research Day
04 Oct 2018
The CP Society is pleased to invite members to the 2018 CP Research Day being held in Auckland on the 23rd of October, 2018 from 10am – 2pm.
In this free session you will hear from New Zealand’s leading researchers on their current work in cerebral palsy, as well as global trends. Just some of the topics being covered include:
- Update on the latest statistics and population data from the NZ CP Register and how this information is going to be used to help the CP community in NZ. The more we know about a population the more we can make changes and empower. –
- CP Capture Study. Improving the outcomes for individuals and their families by increasing the information and awareness provided to medical professionals and community.
- An overview of work looking at the unmet needs of adults living with disability and how to apply this to the CP population with a series of studies in the next few years. The rsesarcher, secifically wants to gather information on the adults living with CP.
- Outcome analysis of every child in New Zealand that has had a spinal fusion for scoliosis in the last 20 years looking at technical outcomes, hospital complications and finally trying to do a quality of life analysis.
- A review of the influence of research on the day-to-day lives of individuals and their families using 5 specific examples such as the NHS, SDR study. ALso, an overview of the work of Caroline Crowther who received Steptember research funding and is looking at the applications of magnesium sulphate in pre-term infants.
We will update you on the CP Resister and how you can participate and invite attendees to share their research wishlist in the CP space.
Tuesday 23rd of October from 10am – 2pm
Pullman Hotel, Cnr of Waterloo Quadrant, Auckland
RSVP by Wednesday 17th of October to Jacqui@cpsociety.org.nz
For more information please call 0800 503 603 or email Jacqui
- University of Auckland Survey on diagnosis and early management of CP
- PHAB Holiday Program
- Attitude TV Case Study Search
- Cerebral Palsy Society Holiday Boccia Tournament
- Have your say on Boccia