Developmental Milestones – 3 Months
The following expected range of child development is an indication only.
|Expected range of development:
- Voluntarily movement appears.
- Limbs move smoothly and symmetrically.
- Kicks legs alternatively or simultaneously.
- Lifts head and chest up whilst lying on stomach.
- By 5 months, when lying on stomach, can swing straight arms out to the side.
- Able to put a foot into mouth.
- Eye to hand co-ordination performed.
- Hands loose and open.
- The baby observes and grabs own hands.
- Starts to keep hitting a toy, but misses target. If given a rattle into his/her hand will shake it.
- Whinges, arbitrary cries, laughs, utter cries, chuckles.
- Starts to smile at 6 weeks, a month later responds to your smiles or conversation.
- Responds to noise, looking for the source of sound.
- Distinguish reaction towards mother, smiles.
- Recognises the bottle.
- Night and daytime sleep, feeding and awake time becomes a routine.
- Night sleep about 10 hours.
- Lack of voluntary movements.
- Arm and leg movements stiff, jerky.
- Little movement of limbs.
- Low muscle tone.
- Unable to lift head and chest up whilst lying on stomach.
- Poor head control while pulling up into sitting, head turns to one direction.
- Hands are still in fist position, unable to bring hands into midline.
- No response to sounds, noise, not turning, looking and following objects from one side to the other.
- Doesn’t smile much and appears irritable.